Glaucoma is a chronic progressive disease of the nerves of the eyes with neuropatic (nerve aberration) optical aberration accompanied blind spot (field perspective) is typical.
Pressure is the main factor of the high ball. Given the fatality due to the vision of glaucoma, glaucoma early detection to prevent damage to the nerve becomes more essential.
Division of glaucoma:
There are four types of glaucoma, namely:
- Glaucoma primary open angle, normal or chronic glaucoma is called the thief of vision, because patients often do not realize it.
In general, occur starting at the age above 40 years. Glaucoma simplex this diagnostically made when glaucoma found in both eyes at the first examination, found no difference that may be the cause.
- Closed-angle primary glaucoma, which occurred in many races in Asia, including Indonesia. Glaucoma is divided into acute and chronic.
In the acute situation, the front corner of the room will be closed suddenly, as selapis paper outlet cover. As a result, the pressure rise high eyeball suddenly (acute).
Clinic's symptoms, such as a sudden sharp decline of vision, appear to see the rainbow when the light, pain around the eyes, headache, nausea and vomiting feeling.
If not treated immediately cause blindness. To type symptoms similar to chronic open angle glaucoma, the difference is the front corner of the room is closed.
However, this can only be known after the examination by the doctor's eyes.
- Secondary glaucoma, which can occur due to an accident or trauma, certain medications (steroid), tumor, inflammation reaction, and the blood vessel that is not normal (because diabetes often melitus).
- Glaucoma absolute end of the stadium where glaucoma total blindness has occurred due to pressure the ball and give the interference function information.
The cause of glaucoma:
- Pressure on the eyeball 21 mmHg (normal 10-20 mm Hg).
- There was a process iskemia (network nutrition and oxygen deficiency)
- Risk factors: age above 40 years old, have families who suffer glaucoma, Myopia, or have any systemic disease such as diabetes and cardiovascular.
Glaucoma treatment in general:
Treatment of glaucoma is the first with the eye drops, and then the tablet. Drugs can increase or decrease the production of liquid eyeball the ball is in the eye so that eye ball pressure was found fit as desired. To get the result of effective therapy, the medication should be used regularly and continuously.
With the laser treatment is quite useful for some types of glaucoma. In the glaucoma primary open angle, treatment with laser trabekuloplasti quite effective for a certain period of time. Angle glaucoma in the primary is closed, iridektomi perifer can be done with a laser, that is create a channel from the back of the room to the front of the room.
This action is effective to decrease the pressure of the ball. When needed, the operating action can be done. This operation is referred to as trabekulektomi, namely an action that creates a small channel from the front of the room to conjunctiva, to decrease the pressure in the eyeball.
5 years ago